Astrofactors is owned and operated by me, Bruce Morrell. My goal is to have a website that offers products for astrophotograhers that are of high value and good quality. I have used and found desireable, every product on my website. If I don't like it, I don't sell it. I like products that just plain do the job out of the box. If you're not happy with any product, you may return it, no question.
What I do:
- I stand behind every product.
- I can personally talk about any product and how to use it.
- I am focused on Astrophotgraphy products.
- I stock all items, and ship the same or next day.priority mail (temporary out of stocks do occur from time to time).
- Product offerings are from a few well tested vendors, QHYCCD, iOptron, Telescope Support Systems, Olivon and Optolong. I will add more when warrented. If you would like me to assemble a complete system scope, mount, camera and guiding just let me know.
Please take a look at the flickr site for QHYCCD images.
It really showcases some fine astrophotgraqphers using QHY cameras. Drop them a line if you have questions, they are a great bunch of photographers. I won't tell you I am a great photographer, but I do spend a lot of time taking images using new products. I have made every mistake in the book and generally know how to overcome most obstacles.
My latest area of focus is widefield imaging using pentax camera lens on a QHY8Pro and Paramount MyT mount. You can have a lot of fun imaging using widefield lens for under $3000 including camera, mount
(not the Paramount), scope and guider. Widefield imaging is very forgiving when using short focal length lens and modest equipment.
That's pretty much all there is to it.... Bruce